Are you aged 15-24 and ready to see if you have what it takes to perform in a full-scale production at Pop-up Globe this summer? The Pop-up Globe Youth Theatre is holding auditions for their next production, All’s Well That Ends Well, directed by Rita Stone. If you can act, sing, play an instrument, and are ready to commit to an intense rehearsal period over summer, get your application in to audition with us before Monday 28th October for auditions on Sunday 3rd May!
Pop-up Globe Youth Theatre is seeking the best young actors to fill a strictly limited cast for All’s Well That Ends Well, our summer production in our farewell Auckland season, the “Summer of Love”. Applications can be made through our online application form, accompanied by your CV and headshot. If selected, you will attend an audition workshop with our director Rita Stone and Assistant Director Julia Guthrey, to see if you are right for a role in the production. You will need to learn and perform a 2 minute monologue from any Shakespeare play, bring a musical instrument if you can play one, and get ready to show us if you can sing and dance too!Apply Here
Application Deadline: Monday 28 October, 2019
Audition Workshop: Sunday 3rd November
Callbacks (by invitation only) Sunday 10th October
- Week one – Monday 9 – Friday 13 December, 9am – 4pm
- Week Two – Monday 16 – Friday 20 December, 9am – 4pm
- Week Three – Monday 13 – Friday 17 January, 9am – 4pm
- Week Four – Monday 20 – Friday 24 January, 9am – 4pm
- Week Five – Monday 27 January 4pm – 10pm
- Sunday 2 February and Sunday 9 February, rehearsals TBC
Tuesday 28 January, call time 5pm
Monday 3 February, call time 5pm
Tuesday 4 February, call time 5pm
Monday 10 February, call time 5pm
- Does it cost anything to audition?
- No, it is free to audition.
- Does it cost anything to be in the production?
- If you are successfully cast, a one-off fee of $300 is payable within one week of casting to secure your place in the youth production.
- Are there scholarships available for this?
- Unfortunately not this time. We have scholarships available for our term classes and hope to have them available for future productions.
- I can’t make the audition date, can I self-tape or audition another day?
- Unfortunately no; part of the audition workshop process is to meet you in person and see you working alongside other actors.
- I can’t make some of the rehearsal dates – can I still audition?
- You will only be eligible to audition or be cast if you are available to commit to all of the rehearsal and performance dates.
- Do I need to have any experience performing Shakespeare?
- No you do not, but it would be an advantage if you did, and places in the cast are strictly limited.
- What do I need to prepare for the audition?
- You need to prepare, and learn off by heart, a 2 minute monologue to perform at the audition, and you need to bring a musical instrument if you can play something, and prepare a song if you can sing! Be ready to move and dance and play at the workshop audition.
- How do I apply?
- Submit an online application form via our website. Include your CV and headshot, and get it in to us before Monday 28 October!
Information about the Director:
Rita Stone trained at the UNITEC School of Performing Arts as an actor and has worked as an actor, tutor and director ever since. She founded the Legacy Shakespeare Company in 1999 and worked in London’s West End in 2005-2006, where she also trained briefly at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Rita is a NZ-registered high school teacher of Drama and English and has taught at UNITEC, The Actors’ Program and Massey University. In 2011 she travelled to London again to study at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre as an educator under the Shakespeare Globe Centre NZ’s Teachers Go Global programme and the following year she founded the Young Auckland Shakespeare Company, running classes, workshops and productions of Shakespeare for 14-24 year olds. Rita directed the gender-reversed Julius Caesar for Pop-up Globe’s third season, and this year Rita has taken up the position of Youth Development Manager at Pop-up Globe.